User Experience (UX) is the most rapidly developing part of software industry
Successful software must keep pace with rapidly developing front-end technology advancements.
With the rise in the need for more complex solutions that cut across different device types (e.g. responsive design) it is becoming even more important to include members of the development team in design discussions to ensure that agreed solutions are actually feasible and take best advantage of the technology platform and skill-sets available at the time.
Successful User Experience ensures that an end product achieves it's core objectives whilst providing it's users with the most effective, efficient and enjoyable experience as possible.
- Utility (usefulness)
- Usability (ease of use)
- Effective to use
- Efficient to use
- Safe to use (e.g. prevention of user errors)
- Have good utility (e.g. system provision of the right kind of functionality)
- Easy to learn
- Easy to remember how to use
- Appealing (aesthetically attractive and uncluttered)
- Engaging (enjoyment of use, encouraging an appetite for repeat use)
- Avoiding unnecessary product features
- Simplifying design documentation and customer-centric technical publications
- Improving the usability of the system and therefore its acceptance by customers
- Expediting design and development through detailed and properly conceived guidelines
- Incorporating business and marketing goals while protecting the user's freedom of choice
Understanding your customers and in turn develop more insightful, relevant and successful digital products and services
Differentiating your digital products and services from the competition by reviewing the digital landscape to identify trends and gaps in the market.
Making content more relevant to your users needs and future-proofed. Developing a robust content strategy and clear publishing guidelines.
Information architecture (IA)
Creating findable, searchable and usable digital products and services by developing a user-centred information architecture.
Developing more relevant and successful digital products and services by better understanding the behaviors and needs of your target audience.
Making your digital products more relevant and rewarding for your your customers by ensuring the key user journeys through the experience are optimized for ease of use and enjoyment.
Ensure your product vision is seen all the way through from initial concept to launch by developing a set of key structural and functional blueprints.
Save money and reduce the time to market by rapidly creating functional HTML mockups that allow you to test, feedback and iterate until your product is ready for launch.
Translating prototypes and flat designs into Standards-based front-end code that works across all devices and contexts